b8f4f3ea314fb87631cf6c66d0a1b909

The night is here. It brings us stars that dip in our path,
It brings us dark inside the world of our mind.
It takes the dreams we have and lets them fall or fly,
It takes the thoughts and leaves us all in light.
It makes the souls wander and seek for steps that left no trace behind,
It makes us hide in our hearts and steal the silence of the sky.
It gives us words to soothe the sea we locked inside and eyes to see the boats ahead of us,
It gives us answers and the moon to sweeten our truth.
It slips the fear in our plans and points us the end,
It slips the grief in our smiles and thorns to cut beginnings we once had.
It climbs the lad of our life and dwells to take the joy outside,
It climbs the way to our doubts and cleans the emptiness we carry all around.
It knows the hopes we nurture when we lose ourselves in time,
It knows the edges of our ground and all the stones we’ve stumbled on.
But when we dive in disbelief we are the ones to know that night is only there to guide.
A night is not an end. It comes, but then it goes away.

1. “But when we dive in disbelief we are the ones to know that night is only there to guide” very beautiful words

2. Lovely poem, loaded with deep meaning! I’m sure anyone who reads it won’t have a sleepless night. Thanx for sharing your genuine observations and sentiments with your readers. All the best!

Liked by 2 people

3. Rhythmic like the change into night , vespertine to dawn .
    Made my thoughts remember into the sheet of night

4. Lovely poem, so dramatic and beautiful – very powerful. I would love you to add this to this weeks Pixel Prose challenge. We need talented poets like you.
    Here’s the link if you’re interested. http://uniqueartchic.com/2014/10/19/pixel-prose-challenge-paris-under-ice/

5. Like soft cotton. Thank you. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

6. I love this… being inspired to move forward and inspire. .. thank you

Liked by 1 person

7. Subtle yet strong imagery. Well done.

8. Beautiful way to describe a night. Thanks for the inspiration.

9. Beautifully written, thank you for the dose of inspiration.

10. excellent… ❤ night is like a lamp that turns off at dawn… 🙂

11. The night is only there to guide…
    It brings, it takes,
    It makes, it gives,
    It slips, it climbs,
    It knows: it comes, it goes…
    🙂

12. when the night ends, the sun breathes its light into our being – we can’t hold it – we exhale and it begins again.

13. Lovely words, these! I love how you have chosen to explore an entire range of emotions one goes through here. 🙂

14. I so loved your words…Here’s a poetry on night written me …Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed reading yours !

15. “But when we dive in disbelief, we are the ones to know that night is only there to guide” – comforting perspective. I feel like night is there to force us to face our truth. Guidance is much more palatable. Thank you for this poem and thank you for following my blog,

16. It will make me remember the Nice poems I read in your blog to-night.
    It makes me feel to tell you of some very good and few poems I have ever read.
    Amen!