October 28, 2014

Circle of time

a8da4ed2bfb1623fd6186621d63d78a6

Trapped in a circle of time
Where the seconds are stories with no end or morale,
Where the ghosts of our dreams revive and then fall,
Where the sun has no place and no doors.

Trapped in a box with no light
Where the thoughts are restless to dance without pause,
Where the heart reigns with no reason around,
Where the logic fails to bring the truth out of dust.

Trapped in a colour of night
Where the moon turns illusions to facts,
Where the path seems to have no continuous line,
Where the clouds bring shades and we hide.

Trapped in a game of cards
Where the rules are made as the meaning is found,
Where the moves tell the wrongs and the goods,
Where the sight is replaced with drafts of beliefs,
And the Joker is pulled. We are free.

1. very gripping lines mam!!!!

2. very good, best wishes from baldy πŸ™‚

3. The joke is on us, everytime. Enter The Joker!

If I may, there may be a typo in the verse before last: “Where the sight is replaced […]”

4. Hi. I loved this poem!! I like the flow, the rhythm and the continuity of thought. I was “trapped” within each verse, being held prisoner by the illusion of your words.

Now, damn it, I’m going to have to check out your other works. πŸ˜‰

If I may, check out verse 3, line 2 – maybe “in” should be “into”. I may just be reading it wrong (I am often wrong).

• Thank you! I was undecided about that myself cause I wanted to keep the rhythm and with “into” I felt that I will lose the flow, but the “in” wasn’t correct though. I replaced it with “to” now πŸ™‚

• Yeah, it’s funny how rhythm works – if only I could get people to read my poems with the same beat as I have in my head when I write them πŸ˜‰ FWIW, I think “to” works great!!

5. Excellent piece! Beautiful flow.
    Lynda ❀

6. Love the cadence of this one. I can well imagine this spoken live with that chugging momentum and then the most delicious release at the end like a struggling bird being freed and then a deep earthy inner pause as the beating of its wings soften into the distance. True poetry lives. Thank you. Balm for an aching soul. Many blessings!

7. You should be a lyricist… (well, this poem kind of proves that you *are* lol)

8. This is one fantastic poem. Thank you.

9. Wow. This is a very pretty poem, really inspiring- love it!

10. Such beautiful, powerful lines.
    So elegant and poignant.
    My favourite phrases: “heart reigns with no reason” & “moon turns illusions to facts”.
    I’m speechless.
    Thank you for sharing.

11. Gripping. This is truly amazing. If any of you are into science fiction and fantasy, check my site out.

~Steven Gamella

12. Very intriguing, pulls the reader along whether they want to come or not.

13. Lovely poetry. So glad to have found your blog. πŸ™‚