November 5, 2014

Near and far

e9d12ba35328c50c078e83b4697fbaf7

Near, in the sun you can see a million roads collide
Far, in the sky the day slips and huddles into an estranged heart
Near, the voices I forgot shred the wind as it rolls in night
Far, the branches of a tree let all the snow fall into a deserted soul
Near, a murmur of my reverie awakens all of me
Far, icicles are clinking and then shout as they plunge in dark
Near, the splinters glimmer to remind reality is just a drop
Far, a beginning runs to escape the blizzard I have to face sometimes
Near, a bottomless pit tries to lure my old and damaged beliefs
Far, my once strong will turns to empty and delusive theory
Near, flakes melt and flood the judgements running through my mind
Far, the winter and the cold weaken my already feeble goals
Near, the white fills my eyes and dazes me
Far, cravings turn to frost and disappear
Near and far, it’s such an amalgam.

1. it’s amazing how you create real and deep feelings through the use of words. it’s like I’m transported into the world enclosed in your poem and nothing else exists

2. Your expression further churns my already churning feelings within. Feeling as if my world was already spinning, now it spins faster and faster. My heart, it races, confused as to how it is revealed by another. A beautiful expression of how I feel today. Again, you speak to my heart through your expressions. Through beauty and sweet melancholy, your beautiful humanness relates to those who, through empathy, experience you heart as their own. Your release is our gift. Allowing us to become more aware of our own feelings through your feelings. You truly have a great gift.

3. I quite liked the call and response effect of it, the Near and Far. Excellent touch and I encourage you to develop this theme more, if possible, to the utmost of desire and your wishes. That said (pardon me ahead of time for being presumptuous if you’d rather not elicit criticisms in this venue:) I’m not quite sure what logic is discernible between the two and its constituent parts in the poem. More to the point, I think this is important because those constituent parts you present are nearly always intriguing and insightful in themselves. Criticism, though, isn’t always invited; I can empathize, if so. The last question also bugs me. I mean, yeah, “what should I do now” indeed! But this surrenders the poem up to something (on a sudden) of an ulterior motive or inquiry I’m not necessarily at liberty or pains to understand.

One fool’s opinion, anyway! I admire your talent and insight and encourage the honing of these things. Cheers.

4. Very beautiful and touching 🙂

5. Between Near and Far are your voice, aware of beauty of the changing seasons, and your caring soul.

6. Near and far, this poem plays with reality so well!

7. Great imagery and a very moving poem M’lle. (((Awhoooo)))

8. Wow, I’m there with you! Wonderful poem with a great concept. Who knew what complexity could arise from using the same alternating pattern throughout. I guess I do now!

9. Reblogged this on Beautiful Awareness and commented:
    Beau-Ti-FULLLL!

10. ‘Far’ is nowhere near ‘nowhere’. But you can go anywhere while staying right here. It’s all in your mind… 😉

11. Hello there,
    This is to notify you that you’ve been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award.

Take care 🙂

12. Your imagery is nothing short of marvelous and exquisite.

13. “the voices I forgot shred the wind…”
    That is a fantastic line, one that easily provokes empathy. Nicely done.

14. Very pretty. If any of you are interested in science fiction or fantasy, check my site out. Thanks

15. I really enjoy the beauty of your poetry, and I look forward to reading more. Thank you for sharing your gift!

16. I must say your poems drive a person into his internal journey, as if like one is having conversation with soul