December 25, 2014

Reverse

40e49feaf7dfe8ca91df1c06aa883cdd

Blades of grass chaining the winds they once danced with
Barren grounds drying up the rain they led astray
Frost covering the steps lured into a cheerful winter game
Water flooding all the plants it fed with life
Hearts wiping off the presence that filled their beats with dreams and light
Eyes shadowing the smiles they had growing in a glance
Words emptying the meanings trapped in forms and sounds
Time leaving the clock hands still, and silence embracing all the numbers in
Me pulling an entire year outside to shake off the dust of night…
There is a reverse to all that is good at a first sight,
Once we hold on to it for too long.
It’s snowing all over inside of me.
I can rejoice, but I can also freeze.

1. very beautiful and full of depth

Liked by 2 people

2. So many great lines here. Hard to choose a favourite, but I seemed to gravitate toward, “eyes shadowing a smile they had growing in a glance.” The closing line also hung in the air like steam. Really captured the essence of winter here. Thank you for your wonderful muse. Merry Christmas.

3. sensations overwhelm 😉

4. This is beautiful. So much to think about and words weighted on a scale.

5. What’s this second sight I see?
    Rejoicing beyond the snow inside of thee.

6. The tree inside me like the crystalline snow flake under the canopy

7. Thank you for following my blog. Great images in this poem.

8. You are very talented, in my opinion anyways. It is oft hard for me as a reader to be able to visualize extensive descriptions in my head from the words of any piece of literature. Your descriptions kept my mind forming images until the very end.

Quite lovely.

9. I loved it. Great word choices!

10. Love the use of nature and the contrasts in each line…the promise of fulfillment stymied by the very force of fulfillment…the images are powerful enough so that maybe you don’t need two explanatory lines near the end:
    There is a reverse to all that is good at a first sight,
    Once we hold on to it for too long.
    Just go from …dust of night…” to “it’s snowing…”

11. This is beautiful. It makes me go back to the Queen’s Park and enjoy the spirit of loneliness in a big ever moving city. I’m standing all alone above the world and I can see that my own amusement is the source of happiness of us all.

12. I love your poetry. It’s wonderful.

By the way, I nominated your blog for the One Lovely Blog Award. If you accept, click the link below for details on what to do next.

13. Love this flow, and I love the poem. And I find that this piece takes me out of myself to a place on the outskirts of town, figuratively, where I don’t know what exactly just happened. But I know that I was glad that I was here, when it happened. Keep on. Any significance of this written on Christmas?

14. like inversion of background to foreground..nice focus!!

15. I am very impressed with your work here, very prolific poetry. I will definitely be back. Blessings to you.

LOVE…GRACE…PEACE…