February 26, 2015

Night

32ac17e165897cf2a90ebdd113a06e1e

The streets squeeze frantically in my room
Under my door, the city lights mimic a dance with flames
The voices become shouts as if they climb a ladder to be better heard by gods
The eyes let all the stars within and mumble wishes for all their dreams
People swinging on the notes of an inner song, swerve from their ways
And all the steps pursue the rhythm of their beating hearts regaining faith
As they grope for their vanished souls, they know…
The night reigns their world.

Insecurities climb the walls to plunge into drowsy minds
The windows mirror all the wounded prides
The moon brings shadows and forgotten ghosts to tangle the already weakened thoughts
The horns signal the unexpected that walks around the well planned lives
Time, the thief that no one had a chance to catch, juggles with moments back and forth
It calls the past to life with a hypnotic grasp and makes the memories surrender their paths
As we fall asleep and drown in the dark, we know…
The night reigns our world.

1. so beautiful and full of depth

2. I enjoyed this immensely. Clever phrasing and you can really feel the helplessness.

3. I really enjoyed reading this post.

4. It is tempting to believe that, in this world, darkness has, is, and will continue to prevail over light. I hope that light will prevail, but I respect your exploration of this world’s darkness. Our experiences with darkness often result in a better understanding of light, as well as in good poems.

5. Very dark and moody. I love this. I imagine the writer lying there as the dark work swirls around them. Very atmospheric.

6. love the imagery. I can feel it’s night already

7. The struggle of living. I love this.