4c075f12a2f1f8a309c556a93538130f

Let’s start again
On a road where the sand sits still
Where the wind is dancing in our hair
Where the only sun is in our thoughts and hearts
Where the days have gathered all in one to play.

Let’s start again
On a street that has no end or crossing lights
That has no memories or imagined times
That has no waiting spots or disappointed sighs
That has no shadows or hopes covered in black.

Let’s start again
On a morning where the blue is an infinite path
Where the flowers open just to see the light
Where the birds cut the sky to show us how to fly
Where the clouds array our steps so we can reach the gods.

1. wow, wonderful!!!

2. perfect. I love this one 😀

3. Lovely, just what I needed to read – somewhere,someone with hope, optimism and love! Thank you! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

4. I love the theme of this poem but it has a bittersweet undertone for me. Probably fifty years ago now, when things were going wrong with I girl I loved very much, I asked that same question, can we start again? She said no. I think the poem is an impossible dream, but a dream we sometimes have to keep hold of. Excellent!

Liked by 3 people

5. What a great way to start again – without shadows of the past; joyously embracing the here and now with hope for the future. Lovely poem.

Paul

Liked by 3 people

6. About time, light has so much more to offer than darkness.

Liked by 1 person

7. Pretty

8. Beautiful. I love it.

9. I love the sentiment in this poem. Really nice and inspirational. Thank you!

10. Well, that what this life it about, isn’t it, always starting again, after we have fallen, after we have been hurt, after we have hurt someone else, after we have offended the universe. Start again.

11. I like that picture too.

12. I’m a bit delayed, getting out to those blogs that are on my list. This poem is (to use John’s words, from Book of Pain) stunningly beautiful. I’ve never used that expression before. But it fits here, with your poem. Here is a piece that I pick out of your poem: “On a street that has no end or crossing lights / That has no memories or imagined times / That has no waiting spots or disappointed sighs /
    That has no shadows or hopes covered in black.” Nice.

Liked by 1 person

13. Beautiful, reminds me of my broken hopes and summer dreams that never came true. But I moved on, without hesitation. Live your life, be as good as you can to others, protect the environment, and be passionate about every detail.

Liked by 1 person

14. Lovely thank you – full of imagery and hope of starting over. Loved it …

15. Grace in word play. It’s lilting on the mind and enjoyable to read aloud. You have a beautiful style. Thank you.

16. This poem “Let’s start again” is exquisite, loved it! I will certainly be back for more.Thank you for connecting with me. Chevvy

17. playful form. nicely done.

18. Beautifully written. Your form, your descriptions, your underlying sense of optimism. 🙂 And as others have also pointed out, you touch on an eternal and universal subject, as life is all about….starting again. In so many ways. Thank you. 🙂