November 1, 2015

Surface

0594afa9f1a2744b53c3c838b1dba127

I race against time as the impatient leaves run for the autumn sun
I scratch an old grief and cover it in green beliefs
I play with an immature soul and seek for the years hidden in my childish dreams
I dance feverishly in a trap, a circle of life leading me to the same spot
I spin around in a hurricane, dispatching the old, knowing that it might return
I speak randomly about disappointments and broken melodies
I wait for a sunrise in the night and feel the silence speaking for my heart
I let me down forgetting about who I am and the taste of mornings stealing me away
I rebuild what is gone and feed an imagery just to mend a picture I have torn apart
I replace the bitter with the sweet and create a mess to escape daily routines
I just sing so I won’t hear the clouds crumbling in the sea
And like the air underwater, I find the way to my surface.

1. love this flow. great one

Liked by 1 person

2. stunning piece. I feel this immensely and it is penned like a beautiful dance of emotion. K

Liked by 2 people

3. Beautiful. Grasping the fullness of humanity in a few lines! Love it!

Liked by 1 person

4. “I just sing so I wont hear the clouds crumbling into the sea.” Exquisite imagery.

Liked by 1 person

5. You have managed to touch the universal soul with your personal experience. Bravo.

Liked by 1 person

6. I love your poems. I love how you create imagery with dissonance….sing so I won’t hear the clouds crumbling in the sea and like the air underwater I find the way to my surface…not “the” surface, but “my” surface…yes…

Liked by 2 people

7. “I race against time as the impatient leaves run for the autumn sun…” Beautiful.

8. Reblogged this on Dream Big, Dream Often and commented:
    Introducing Words On A Blackboard!!

9. This is beautiful as it shows the beauty and despair of life

10. Thank you for showing me this blog! I love hearing words singing melody even while my ears are closed. I LOVE POEMS like this…like a mystery it speaks yet simply…

Liked by 1 person